Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A session in the sunshine, fav mark 9th June 2015



So I went for my first session of the year after work. I was fishing for 3 hours of the early flood on my fav mark and I had a dog on my first cast followed by this wee fella.

All I have bait wise left in the freezer is sand eel and squid so I fished these squid wraps.

This bait combo gave another dog and a ray at distance. Sometimes the smallest rays give the hardest fights and this fella was stuck to the bottom all the way in.
It then went quiet, to the extent that the usually voracious craps weren't even touching the bait. With work in the morning and an hour drive home I could only hold out until sunset missing twilight which is the hottest time for Ray .

At sunset I lobbed as big a bait as possible 20 yards out as I know they come close in here especially at this time of the day and this fella nearly pulled my rod over.

No comments:

Post a Comment